- You installed Twinmotion on a physical machine
> Please note that Twinmotion isn't officially supported on virtual machines yet.
- Make sure that your hardware meets the system requirements of Twinmotion.
> Please note that if your computer fulfills the minimum system requirements only, you may not be able to work with larger Twinmotion documents. You may experience a low performance from the software.
It’s suggested to use a computer with the recommended configuration for Twinmotion to work with documents of average complexity and polygon number.
Comparisons of the graphic cards (minimum points to run Twinmotion : 6000) : here
- Make sure that your system is up to date.
- You installed Twinmotion on the admin session.
- Set your display scale on 100% and restart your computer.
YOUR GRAPHIC CARD (Windows users)
- Make sure that driver of your graphic card is up to date.
> Outdated graphic drivers may stop the geometry loaded into scene. Look for the latest drivers for your graphics at the manufacturer's homepage.
- Set Twinmotion to use your graphic card and not the Intel one (here)
- Check if Twinmotion is up to date
> Path : Help menu/Check for Update
Exclude Twinmotion folders of your antivirus, firewall and cleaner and make sure you have the full rights on them.> Paths :
C:\Program Files\Twinmotion 201x
Macintosh HD/Applications/Twinmotion 201x
Macintosh HD/Users/<user>/Library/Application Support/Abvent
Macintosh HD/Users/<user>/Library/Application Support/Epic
Macintosh HD Users/<user>/Library/Preferences/Twinmotion
- Reinstall Twinmotion with these last disabled.
- Clean the hidden files of Twinmotion
On Windows, run Twinmotion with a right click and Run as administrator.
- Your files shouldn't be stored on a server or in a synchronized folder, but on your local machine
- Check the name of your file, it shouldn't contain any specific character (ü, ?, é, &,...)
- Check the name of the paths where you store your files, they shouldn't contain any specific character either
- Check if you experience crashing event with any Twinmotion document.
> Try with the Twinmotion DEMO file : File/Demo scene/Material room
CONTACT OUR TECHNICAL SUPPORT :
In case this checklist did not help you to sort out the issues, open a new ticket in our Support Center.
Share your experience with us. Confirm if you already checked the listed things above.